By Michele R. Davidson PhD CNM CFN RN,Michele R. Davidson
Named a 2013 Doody's center Title!
2012 3rd position AJN booklet of the 12 months Award Winner in Psychiatric-Mental healthiness Nursing!
"This is a brilliant source for any nurse operating with women."--Score: ninety four, four Stars. Doody's clinical Reviews
This is a quick-access scientific advisor to the variety of psychological future health matters and diagnoses that as a rule have an effect on ladies around the lifestyles span. It makes a speciality of the original biopsychosocial components that make ladies in particular prone to mental problems and emphasizes key stressors particular to ladies which are precursors to psychological ailment. common headings and bulleted, concise presentation of knowledge enables reading.
In addition to discussing psychological wellbeing and fitness concerns particular to ladies, the advisor covers detailed populations reminiscent of disabled girls, lesbian and transgendered ladies, woman veterans, ladies with forensic future health issues, and ladies who've been the thing of violence. Chapters additionally deal with childbearing concerns, together with menstruation-related difficulties, infertility and its mental implications, and antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum mental issues. Developmental milestones, the impression of tradition on psychological disorder, and international health and wellbeing concerns are lined in addition. Tables and charts current key proof in an easy-to-read format.
- Provides a concise, easy-to-use consultant to womenís psychological health and wellbeing matters around the existence span for brand spanking new and professional nurse practitioners
- Focuses on stressors distinctive to ladies as precursors of psychological illness
- Delivers ordinarily taking place DSM-IV issues in ladies, utilizing a constant layout that incorporates etiology, evaluate, and drug and behavioral healing methods
- Discusses preconception and childbearing concerns, the impression of violence, lady veterans, disabled girls, lesbian girls, and transgendered women
Read or Download A Nurse's Guide to Women's Mental Health PDF
Similar nursing books
Atrial traumatic inflammation is underdiagnosed and preventative options are underutilized. The sickness is predicted to upward push to a plague point, expanding through over 50% through the top of the last decade, taking place generally within the environment of another way “healthy” getting older. leading edge administration of Atrial traumatic inflammation presents a discussion board for a whole dialogue in this topical topic.
In scholar Nurse, Cherry begins nursing university at Spencer with a mix of nervousness and anticipation - may she have what it takes to be a nurse? She leaves her quiet city of Hilton, Illinois for the bustle of sanatorium lifestyles, to satisfy demanding situations she would not have imagined. The U. S. is at battle. Many nurses have long past to front, and there's a scarcity of RNs at Spencer-which Cherry and her classmates support to fill, as they examine the abilities they should graduate.
Within the twenty-first century, public future health is everyone’s enterprise. The nursing and scientific professions are good put to supply recommendation to their consumers, specially in admire to way of life switch, and public well-being projects are supported by way of more than a few statutory and voluntary corporations and medical examiners, starting from wellbeing and fitness advertising experts to smoking cessation advisers and nutrients assistants.
This e-book examines the background of nursing perform in Europe and North the United States. It differs from such a lot different reports of nursing heritage through concentrating on the particular scientific paintings of nurses. It explores huge different types of nursing paintings: the 'hands-on' scientific paintings of therapy and care; and the paintings of well-being screening, health and wellbeing schooling and public health and wellbeing quandary administration.
- Monitoring the Critically Ill Patient
- Cancer, Intimacy and Sexuality: A Practical Approach
- Competency Based Nursing Education: Guide to Achieving Outstanding Learner Outcomes
- Betrieblicher Krankenstand im Gesundheitswesen. Lebensphasen- und generationsbezogene Perspektiven und Interventionsmöglichkeiten (German Edition)
- Understanding Medical Surgical Nursing
- Qualitätsmanagement im Krankenhaus: Ein praxisorientierter Vergleich von Qualitätsmanagementsystemen und Bewertungsverfahren (German Edition)
Additional resources for A Nurse's Guide to Women's Mental Health
A Nurse's Guide to Women's Mental Health by Michele R. Davidson PhD CNM CFN RN,Michele R. Davidson